The Outer Barrier Reef activity platform is the perfect base for both swimmers and non-swimmers alike.
You can snorkel, dive or choose to not get wet and visit the underwater observatory or the semi submersible.
Included in your day
- Return air-conditioned fast catamaran cruise
- Morning tea and coffee served until departure from Cairns
- Morning tea cake selection
- Three (3) hours at Outer Reef Activity Platform
- Snorkelling equipment
- Use of buoyancy vests & lycra/stinger suits
- Reef education presentation
- Hot and cold buffet lunch
- Semi-submersible coral reef viewing tour
- Underwater Observatory
- Guided Eco Reef Talk in the underwater observatory
- Afternoon tea and coffee available whilst at the platform, cheese and biscuits on return journey
What to Bring
- Swimming costume and beach towel
- Hat, sunscreen and comfortable shoes
- Money for drinks, souvenirs and optional activities
- And a sense of adventure!
- Passengers must check-in at the Great Adventures counter for boarding passes before boarding vessel.
- Boarding is 30 minutes prior to departure time.
Your Great Barrier Reef Adventure
- Check-in at Great Adventures Reservations Counter inside the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal to obtain your boarding pass.
- Vessel boarding.
- Complimentary morning tea/coffee served on boarding.
- For your safety hot drinks are not served once the vessel is underway.
- Depart Reef Fleet Terminal for the Outer Great Barrier Reef platform via Green Island.
- Cake selection served on forward journey.
- During your journey to the reef, a Reef Presentation is shown on the vessel’s monitors.
- Snorkelling demonstration by crew.
- Arrive at the Outer Great Barrier Reef platform
- Reef activities commence…
- Semi-submersible coral viewing tour with informative commentary departs every 30 minutes or as advised.
- Snorkel directly from the platform. Collect your snorkel gear and buoyancy vests once on the platform.
- Underwater observatory is open throughout the day for coral and fish viewing.
- Pre-booked optional activities including introductory diving, Scuba-Doo and scenic helicopter flights commence as advised.
- Hot and cold buffet lunch is served.
- Time for more reef activities or just relax on the sundeck and take in the views!
- Tea and coffee is available whilst at the platform
- A blast on the ship’s horn will signal the time when all passengers should return to the vessel ready for departure.
- A passenger count is conducted before leaving the Reef. Crew will announce when this commences and we ask all passengers to co-operate during this very important procedure by not moving about the vessel.
- Departure to Cairns via Green Island.
- Complimentary cheese and biscuits served on homeward journey.
- Arrive Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal.