Great Barrier Reef Tour the Best way to see the Reef
Join us on board our high speed Catamaran “Reef Experience” for an unforgettable day visiting 2 pristine Outer great Barrier Reef tour locations and discover the breath-taking wonder of this World Heritage environment.
Reef Experience is Cairn’s only ALL inclusive Great Barrier Reef tour which also offers a FREE Scuba Dive and Glass-bottom boat tour.
Catering for all levels in Swimming, Snorkeling and and Scuba Diving, everyone will find the perfect way to experience the Great Barrier Reef.
Experienced Swimmer or Snorkeler? Our crew will show you to the best patches of coral and can tell you where to find the marine marvels that call the reef their home.
Never Snorkelled before or can’t Swim? Friendly and professional Crew are always ready to jump in and assist everybody who needs assistance to have fun and enjoy the magic that the reef has to offer, ensuring that you are comfortable with your equipment and introduce you to some of our friendly fish!
A day on the Great Barrier Reef Tour will be one of the most memorable days in your life.
Tour Highlights & Inclusions
- Up to 6 hours at two pristine Outer Great Barrier Reef Tour locations
- Unlimited Snorkelling at morning and afternoon locations. All equipment INCLUDING wetsuit hire
- FREE Scuba Dive* (Certified Dive qualified OR Resort Dive no-experience necessary at the first reef location for everyone over age 12 and medically fit to scuba) See Medical Conditions below in “Important Information for Scuba Diving”
- FREE Glass Bottom Boat Tour (weather permitting)
- FREE Pick up and Return to Cairns City Accommodation
- FREE Marine Biology Presentation
- Breakfast: Bacon & egg barbecue rolls, coffee, tea and fruit platters
- Delicious Buffet BBQ lunch with an assortment of fresh salads
- Cheese & fruit platter & complimentary wine on return journey
- All dietary requirements catered for. (Vegetarian/gluten free etc: please advise upon booking).
- All food is locally sourced where possible and prepared fresh by on-board Chef
- FREE Crew assistance for non-confident snorkelers (flotation aids available). Friendly and professional crew are ready to jump with everyone who require assistance to have fun and experience the magic of the reef!
- Large Sun Deck with padded loungers and air conditioned indoor areas
- Reef tax, fuel levy & national park fees. Unlike other operators, mandatory levies for visiting the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park are included in this trip cost so there won’t be extra charges on the day
- No hidden costs!
What to Bring
- Cash or credit card for purchases – Credit Card available for purchases over $10.00AUD
- Swimming Clothes, Towel, Hat, Sunglasses, Sun Cream
- Proof of qualification if you’re a Certified Diver
How to get there
Reef Experience departs from Cairns Marina: ‘A-Finger‘ View map to Cairns Marlin Marina
Boarding commences at 7:30 am for check-in, directly on the vessel ‘Reef Experience’Arrive back to Cairns Marina at approximately 4:30pm
Terms of Tour
- Please read full Policies, Terms & Conditions prior to booking any tour. Below is a brief overview only
- Please inform of dietary, food allergies or other special requirements prior to date of travel
- Please re-confirm your reservation 48 hours prior to travel
- We require 48 hours to re-schedule a trip subject to availability (see Cancellation Policy)
- Locations, prices, vessel and itinerary are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances without notice but with full consideration for your enjoyment and safety
- Children prices are for ages 4-11 years. Family prices are for 2 adults + 2 children age 4-11 years
- Travel and dive insurance are highly recommended. We strongly recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, medical evacuation, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure
- Scuba Diving (applies to both certified and beginner divers):
- No refunds on uncompleted dives
- Ages 12+ years for all scuba activities
- You will be required to complete a medical questionnaire before participating in any scuba activities – SEE Important Information for SCUBA DIVING below
- No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
- Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying
Great Barrier Reef Tour Itinerary
- 07:30 – Board Reef Experience boat at the Cairns Marina ‘A-Finger’ for check-in View map to Cairns Marlin Marina
- 08:00 – Departure & Safety Talk with snorkel briefing
- 08:30 – Marine Biology presentation, followed by detailed scuba dive briefing for those participating
- 09:30 – Arrive at our first spectacular reef site, snorkel & dive with thousands of vivid tropical fish, giant clams plus more
- 10:30 – Glass Bottom Boat Tour (approximately 20 minute tour)
- 12:30 – Lunch
- 13:00 – Cruise to our second location to explore forests of coral, large sea fans & black coral trees in it’s shallow lagoons
- 15:00 – Depart the Great Barrier Reef
- 15:30 – Glass of wine, tropical fruits, cheese & biscuits
- 16:30 – Arrive back in Cairns
Your trip on-board “Reef Experience” Includes either a Certified or Resort/Introductory Dive at the first Great Barrier Reef location
What is a Certified Dive? A Certified Scuba dive is when you have completed an “Open Water” Dive Course or higher and have a divers licence as proof of qualification (generally takes 3 – 4 days to complete)
What is a Resort/Introductory Dive? Resort diving requires no previous scuba experience. Conducted in small groups of 4 guests, under the supervision of an experienced Dive Instructor. Resort dives give beginners an unforgettable Great Barrier Reef experience without having to complete a full scuba diving course.
Can anyone go Scuba Diving? If you are able to swim and are in good physical health you can probably dive. Scuba Diving in Australia is subject to medical conditions – this applies to qualified Certified Divers AND beginner Resort Divers alike.
Both past and present, medication and/or health concerns may prevent participation in scuba activities (See Medical Conditions). The minimum age for resort diving is 12 years.n within the last 3 months
Please complete our Can I go Scuba Diving Questionaire