Glide along The Coral Sea on a 32-metre sailing catamaran. Ocean Spirit offers a relaxing day of sailing and snorkelling the world famous Great Barrier Reef.
After the 90-minute sail trip you will arrive at the unique Michaelmas Cay. This picturesque sand island is rich in historical and environmental significance. Michaelmas Cay is located at the tip of Michaelmas Reef, where the coral and marine life thrive.
You can enjoy the reef on many different levels, from snorkelling to diving or the semi-submersible coral viewing tour. Ocean Spirit has options for all levels of swimming experience so everyone can enjoy the Reef.
- Return Ocean Spirit cruise from Cairns
- Experience 4 hours at Michaelmas Cay on the Reef
- Morning tea with muffins and focaccia
- Afternoon tea with tropical fruit platter and cake of the day
- Delicious hot and cold buffet lunch, including fresh prawns
- Snorkelling equipment and instruction
- Buoyancy vests
- Marine Biologist presentation
- Semi-submersible coral viewing tour with commentary
- Fish feedings presentation
- Glass of complimentary sparkling wine served on the homeward journey, cheese and crackers.
- Lycra suits
Guided Snorkel Tour
A Marine Biologist guided tour to see and learn more while you snorkel.
- $60 Adult
- $30 Child
- $150 Family
Introductory Scuba Dive
Michaelmas cay offers perfect conditions for introductory divers to experience diving. A highly skilled and trained dive instructor will dive along side you for a fully supervised dive. See more vibrant coral and stunning fish for a once in a lifetime scuba dive on The Great Barrier Reef.
- $124 Per Person
What is a Introductory Dive? Introductory diving requires no previous scuba experience.
Can anyone try a resort dive? If you are able to swim and are in good physical health you can probably dive (See Medical Conditions). The Minimum age for resort diving is 12 years.
Queensland Dive Laws are the strictest in the World – with the safest dive record in the world.
Please be aware that Some Medical Conditions or Medications that are being taken could prevent you from participating in scuba activities.
To prevent disappointment on-the day, If you wish to partake in our Introductory Scuba dive, it is the passengers responsibility to ensure they are medically fit to dive.
If you have EVER suffered from any of the following conditions, you will require a dive medical to Australian standard AS. 4005.1. Before being allowed to Scuba Dive.
- Asthma / Wheezing or use of an inhaler
- Brain, spinal cord or nervous disorder
- Chronic bronchitis or persistent chest complaint
- Chronic sinus condition
- Collapsed Lung (pneumothorax)
- Chest Surgery
- Heart Disease of any kind
- Crones Disease
If you are CURRENTLY suffering from or have recently had any of the following conditions or procedures, you will require a dive medical to Australian standard AS. 4005.1. Before being allowed to Scuba Dive.
- Chronic ear discharge or infection
- High blood pressure
- Ear Surgery
- Fainting Seizures or blackouts
- Recurrent ear problems when flying
- Tuberculosis or any other long term disease
- Any illness or operation within the last month
- Perforated eardrum
Being pregnant will prohibit you from Scuba Diving
Please be aware that the above does not cover every medical condition there maybe other medical conditions that I not listed.
If you are taking any Medications for anything we can check if these are safe for diving with the local Dive doctor. This is necessary as some medications can become dangerous underwater.
These checks are done on the day of travel and can be difficult for the dive doctor to approve without consultation with you.
We can only give them information submitted to us on your medical form so please understand that the dive Doctor may require a full dive medical to clear you to dive.
It is not our company’s decision regarding these laws – we are regulated by the Queensland Government.
Please contact our office, if you do require any further information regarding possible medical conditions.If you have existing medical conditions, operations, taking medication have used an inhaler then you will need permission from the Dive Doctor to Scuba Dive. If you have any doubts or queries regarding the above, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
What to Bring
- Your camera
- Swimming costume and towel
- Hat and Sunscreen
- Cash or credit card for onboard purchases, souvenirs or optional activities
07:30 – Check-in at Ocean Spirit’s counter in the Reef Fleet Terminal
08:00 – Boarding commences. Morning tea with muffin and focaccia served.
08:30 – Depart Cairns
09:00 – Reef Brief, safety and snorkel demonstration
09:30 – Marine Biologist slide show presentation
10:00 – Dive brief for introductory divers
10:30 – Arrive at Michaelmas Cay. Reef activities commence:
- Fish feeding presentation
- Semi-submersible coral viewing tour
- Introductory scuba diving. (Dive sessions are 11:00am, 12:15pm, 1:30pm)
12:00 – Buffet lunch onboard
13:00 – Continue Reef activities
14:30 – Afternoon Tea onboard
15:30 – Commence sailing back to Cairns. Complimentary sparkling wine, cheese and crackers are served.
17:00 – Arrive back in Cairns
Some medical conditions and/or medications may prevent from participation in scuba diving activities.
Children prices are for ages 4-14 years.
Family prices are for 2 adults + 2 children age 4-14 years.