Great Barrier Reef to the Rainforest
During you Reef and Rafting on a Budget 2 day package experience a full day on the Outer Great Barrier Reef, snorkelling amongst the beautiful corals and colourful tropical marine life of the Great Barrier Reef along with 2 hours of fun filled Whitewater Rafting on the Barron River.
You will be alternating smooth and bumpy waters of the Barron river as it winds it way through the heart of the Barron gorge National Park. All the time being Guided by your experienced River Guide.
This Reef and Rafting on a Budget package can be done in any order and you can also have a days break in between if you wish
Day 1 – Great Barrier Reef
Compass will have you escaping for an unforgettable, unrushed day enjoying a relaxed leisurely cruise to the Outer Great Barrier Reef.
Snorkel amongst beautiful corals and a colourful variety of tropical marine life at one of the natural wonders of the world.
Relax on the huge sun deck, or take the “Wild Ride” on the famous Compass Boomnet.
- Two spectacular Reef locations (weather permitting)
- Unlimited snorkelling
- Up to 4 hours at the Outer Great Barrier Reef
- Delicious BBQ lunch with fresh salads
- Fruit Platters
- Friendly Crew Assistance for Non confident Swimmers
- Boomnetting – “The Wild Ride” (weather permitting)
- All Reef Levies and Taxes included in the price
Included in Your Great Barrier Reef Cruise
- Snorkel Equipment hire & tuition (excluding wetsuits)
- Floatation devices (children and Adult Sizes)
- Fresh fruit platters,
- Coffee and Tea when boarding and available all day whilst boat is stationary
- Delicious BBQ Lunch with an assortment of fresh salads (dietary requirement catered for)
- Boomnetting the “Wild Ride” (weather permitting)
- Glass of Wine, cheese & crackers on return journey
- Complimentary tea & coffee all day (whilst vessel is stationary)
- All Reef Taxes and Levies
- Assistance for non confident swimmers
What to Bring
- Cash or credit card for extra purchases
Important Additional Information
- Please advise of any dietary requirements upon booking.
- Compass Cruises is also family friendly and disability friendly
- Please read the important information, terms and conditions prior to booking your trip.
- Scuba Diving is an optional extra in this tour. If you are considering scuba diving please be aware that some medical conditions and/or medications may prevent from participation in scuba diving activities.
- Children prices are for ages 4-14 years. Family prices are for 2 adults + 2 children age 4-14 years only
Great Barrier Reef Itinerary
Itineraries can be subject to change and weather dependent
0730 – Check in direct to Compass at Marlin Wharf Berth 18
0800 – Depart Marlin Marina Cairns to the Great Barrier Reef
1030 – Arrive at your first Great Barrier Reef Location
1230 – BBQ Lunch with fresh salads
1300 – Cruise to 2nd Reef Location
1530 – Depart the Great Barrier Reef1730 – Approximately Arrival time at Cairns Marina
- Certified Dive $55.00 or 2 Certified Dives for $100 (qualified)
- Resort Scuba Diving $65.00 0r 2 Dives for $100 (no experience necessary) – (see Medical Conditions)
- Dive Guide for Certified Divers $15.00 per person per dive per person
- Glass Bottom Boat Tours available (weather permitting) $15.00
- Return Bus transfers from your Cairns City Accommodation $12.00 (please advise when booking where you are staying to enable us to process your reservation efficiently)
- Wetsuit hire $5.00 (During stinger season, stinger suits are included with your equipment. These are not the same as wetsuits, which provide flotation and warmth)
- Prescription masks $10.00
- Underwater Camera Hire $59.00 (keep the memories of your day)
- Fully licensed bar
Half Day Whitewater Rafting
Pay on Board Rafting Levy of $25.00 per person
Minimum Age 13 years of age
White Water Rafting on the Barron River is a great and fun way to discover the pristine rainforest surrounding Cairns, in Tropical North Queensland. Take in the breath-taking scenery rapids alternating smooth and bumpy waters of the Barron river as it winds it way through the heart of the Barron gorge National Park. All the time being Guided by your experienced River Guide.
Feel the rush of white water rafting within the awesome wilderness of Australia’s tropical rainforests.
You will commence rafting with your personal guide and negotiate grade 2 to grade 3 rapids such as Cheese Churn, Hell’s Gate and Rooster Tail.
When finished, enjoy a swim, pack up your raft and change into dry clothes, then enjoy tea and coffee before transferring back to your accommodation.
- Up to 2 hours Whitewater Rafting
- Grade 2 and 3 Rapids
- 8 Person inflatable Raft
- All equipment included
- Safety Training
Whitewater Rafting Inclusions
- Up to 2 hours rafting through Barron Gorge National Park
- Return air-conditioned coach transfers from your accommodation
- Rafting Safety equipment – life jacket, helmet and spray jacket
- Tea and coffee at the end of your rafting trip
What to Bring
- Ticket or voucher
- Swimming costume (you will get wet)
- Lace up shoes or sandals that won’t fall off
- Dry clothes
- Sunscreen but don’t apply to the back of your legs
- Money for photos & rafting levy
- Digital photos available for purchase
Reef and Rafting on a Budget
Great Barrier Reef Budget Cruise
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard and PayPal. Please note any dietary or other requirements in the booking message. If you are purchasing bus transfers with your tour, please include the name and location of your accommodation & expect to be contacted with a pick up time. Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700. Please read the conditions regarding scuba diving activities on our website. Locations and itineraries are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances without notice, but with full consideration of your enjoyment
Compass Cruises require 48 hours advance to make any changes to your booking.
The cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure.
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure.
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Schedules are subject to change.
Terms And Conditions
Locations, prices and itineraries are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances without notice but with full consideration of your enjoyment.
• Travel and dive insurance are recommended.
• Children’s prices for ages 4-14 years.
• No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
• Minimum age for trying resort scuba diving is 12 years
• Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
• If you are considering Scuba Diving you will be required to complete a medical questionnaire before
participating in any scuba activities.
• Some medical conditions OR medications may prevent you from scuba diving unless a current Australian Standards 'AS4005.1' Medical
Certificate can be shown to the Dive Instructor. This medical certificate must be performed pursuant to
the Australian standard AS.4005.1. (Queensland Dive Laws). If you are unsure of a particular medical
condition or medication, please check with our office before booking any scuba dive activities.
• Passengers intending to dive but restricted due to the aforementioned will not be offered a refund.
Rafting Half Day
Thankyou for choosing Rafting - Half Day
Payment can be made using Visa Card or MasterCard. Please note any special requirements in the booking message. If your tour includes bus transfers, please advise location of your accommodation & expect to be contacted with a pick up time. Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700.
Please note: There is a $25.00 Rafting Level per person to be paid on board on the day of travel.
We require a minimum of 48 hours notice to re-schedule a reservation. Cancellation fees are as follows: 20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure. 50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure. 100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services. It is recommended all bookings are confirmed 48 hours in advance of the tour departure by calling +61 7 4051 5777. We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice. Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of baggage, delay or personal injury. We strongly recommend everyone has their own travel insurance, and scuba diving insurance where applicable.